Update...



 

So, I know I haven't posted much this summer. It's been a difficult summer.

In mid-June, my best friend was admitted to the hospital. They found that she had cancer. A few weeks later, she was transferred to a nursing home (a very nice one!). She passed away in mid-August.

I'm still numb, and not sure how to process. I miss Susan so much! We spoke frequently, and had lunch once a week. We've had times where we had lunch together almost every day. We met when we both worked at Books-A-Million, and we just bonded quickly. We did many things together from haunting Target to going to comic conventions to going to Disney World. I knew her for over 25 years of my life. Susan was the Best Person Ever! 

I'm sorry that I don't have many words for this. I am more emotional than I feel capable of expressing.

Right after Susan passed, I got Covid. I was unable to go to her memorial service, but her daughters had a Zoom for it, and it was a lovely service. I feel bad that I couldn't go, but have been reminded by many that I was there when it really counted. 

To honor Susan, her daughters are setting up two Little Free Libraries. Susan loved reading, so it is appropriate. She was also a teacher for many years, continuing to do so no matter what her profession was. Please consider donating to some of your local Little Free Libraries. https://littlefreelibrary.org/

Take Care!





Comments