How To Earn Extra Coin Each Month, Blah, Blah, Blah!

Okay, so that post title may seem a bit negative, but I have to say that I'm a little burned out on the "How to earn..." articles. Don't get me wrong; there are some good ones out there. A lot of them have good ideas. They also have some not-so-good ideas. Many times the good/bad depends on the person.

I will address the reward type sites. I've written about this before, and you can see that here. There are a lot of great sites that you can use on the PC, and my article covers them. What I don't cover are the apps that you can use on your smart phone or tablet. The reason? I don't have a smart phone (yet). Why not? Well, I work online and I'm at the computer for most of the day. I see where having one would be good, I just haven't gotten motivated enough to get one. My tablet is pretty basic, so I don't get many apps that are compatible with it.
 
Now, because I'm in a low sales cycle, I've been reading a lot of posts about earning extra cash online. I feel like I need to make a change, and, as RuPaul might say, "Step my pussy up!" It doesn't hurt to change things up, and add new things to my work routine. 
 
So, it can be frustrating to read a blog... and all the recommended sites are for the smart phone. Grrrr! Or all the jobs aren't compatible with being an introvert. Well, that's the way it goes.
 
I have seen articles about just the online sites. They promise you can make "X" amount of dollars per month. I don't see how. Taking a survey is time consuming. Getting paid 50-cents for 15-30 minutes of your time? Meh. Sure, I do surveys. But, I don't do them all day long. Also, a lot of surveys crap out after a few questions. You get the "you don't qualify" page. What's frustrating is to spend 5 or 10 minutes, get told you don't qualify, and get no reward. That said, some sites do give a minimal reward (maybe 1 point, or 10-cents towards your account). 
 
A lot of the sites have offers they will reward you for.  Well, if you aren't interested in, don't need, or can't afford the offers, what good are they? Don't fret. Even with minimal participation, you will get pay-outs. I'd say that I spend about 5-15 minutes a day participating in searches, button clicking, email clicks, and surveys with the odd video watching and get rewards every 6-12 months on each service I belong to, depending on their payouts. Are these worth doing? Sure, but look at them as fun. A lot of these articles seem to suggest that you can earn, say $100 per month in gift cards. Well, sure... but how much time and money are you spending in order to do so?

I encourage you to read these articles, and apply what you find there to your online work routine. Some things will be helpful and other things won't be. It's all personal too. What works for me, might not work as good for you. Don't be discouraged.
 
Also, be careful. Some of the "Earn Extra Cash Online" articles are sales pitches for that writer's e-book or course. The ones I've seen aren't cheap. I move on from those. I don't see the need to pay someone to tell me what everyone else is already telling me. There is no sure-fire get-rich-quick scheme for online work. And earning money online IS work. 

I will make a recommendation in this article... a lot of the receipt payout apps are programs I can't participate in because of my lack of a smart phone. I just have a regular cell phone. Anyway, Checkout51 operates online! A nice little site. Try it out, even if you're already using another payout app. I also belong to Kellogg's Family Rewards, which can be done on a pc.

I've mostly talked about the extra cash programs, like MyPoints (for example). You can also sell your skills on various sites, including Fiverr. The idea of Fiverr is that you get five bucks to do a small service for someone. I've used it to get eyes on this blog, which I did get more views but no new subscribers. I work as an artist and photographer, so I often sell on sites like eBay and Etsy. I sometimes get sales or commissions via deviantArt. I'm currently working at expanding my network a bit. If you want to follow me on Twitter, my handle is @korokstudios 

I guess what I keep blabbing on about is, don't be afraid to explore and try new methods of earning online. If you blog, or like to leave comments, share your experiences. Know of a good article? Post the link in the comments.

Take Care, Everyone!

Comments