4 September

 Did you hear that sonic boom last night?

I didn't so much hear it as maybe felt it. I was almost asleep, and something jolted me out of bed. I thought one of my parents had fallen, so I went to check. They came out of their rooms to check as well. We were all okay. 

Turned on the outside lights, and didn't see anything. The thought process being, maybe a big tree limb fell.

This morning, I found out that some crew returned from the space station, and the boom was their re-entry. According to the article, they made it back safely. You can read more here: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/09/04/did-you-hear-that-crew-6-splashdown-resonates-sonic-boom-heard-for-miles/

I'm one of those people that feels both 1) I like space exploration, and look towards the future and 2) why can't we spend some of that money to fix things here on Earth. I don't have answers, and not looking to spark a debate. 

Comments