May 2nd Update

It's now May! Woo woo! When I stepped on the scales this morning, I weighed in at 215lbs. I've lost 35lbs since mid-February, which I feel is pretty good. The weight loss has slowed down these past few weeks, but it's still going in the right direction. Here's a recent pic, in a new t-shirt that's a size smaller!


I've pretty much abandoned the Paleo diet. Since I only eat chicken and seafood, it really limits my choices far too much. That said, I'm trying to keep to the clean eating aspects as best I can, and I'm trying to limit things like dairy and grains.  I am still eating the diet meals my sister-in-law got for me, though we're about to change plans.

I'm still walking. I started a new walking plan last week, though it hit a few snags. I'm moving my daily walk from the afternoon to the morning. This is mainly because the blood pressure medicine I take. It often leaves me feeling worn out, and I don't seem to be improving in my walks. By that, I mean, I should be walking further in the amount of time I'm walking, and that hasn't been happening. By walking in the morning, I'm hoping to mitigate that and improve a bit. I'm also working on a second walk 3-4 days a week, this time in the afternoon. I haven't hit the routine perfectly, but last week had it's challenges as well. It happens. Move on and keep working at it.

Last week I did trade off one walk for a small yard project. I cleared out some of the weeds and scrub in front of a wall in the front yard. I planted some impatiens, day lily bulbs, and caladium bulbs. Not much to look at right now, but here are the before and after photos:



Unfortunately, because my blood pressure pill had lowered my bp too much (I think it was 97/62 that afternoon), this took longer than it should, and it made me far more tired than I should have been. Argh! I do go see the doctor at the end of the month, and we will have a conversation about my medicines. Now, I accept that I will be on the medicine for my diabetes for the rest of my life, but maybe the blood pressure medicine can be adjusted. I get why he put me on it. When he saw me, I was 250lbs, and my bp was above normal for more than one visit. Of course, I was in pain at the emergency room, and I have anxiety issues.... and going to the doctor creates anxiety. Still, I understand. He did say that losing weight could change my blood pressure, so I'm hoping that's the case.

In other news, I'm getting the third story in my Knights Of Sun and Star series wrapped up. I feel it needs something more, so I'm going to go through my draft again today, and probably a third time tomorrow or Tuesday, then get it up on the Kindle by next weekend. I'm enjoying writing this series of stories, and getting to know these characters.

Take Care everyone! I'll have another update for you soon!

 

Comments