I'm 51 now!

That's right! This past Wednesday (26th August) was my 51rst birthday. Woo woo! It was a quiet day. I saw my best friend for brunch. I got take-out dinner with my parents. Ate cake. Read 'Spy Spy Again' by Mercedes Lackey (a gift from my brother). Woo woo!

 

The day before my birthday, I placed an order for a bracelet and photo book from the Thai BL series, Sotus The Series. I discovered Sotus on Netflix this past month, and thoroughly enjoyed watching it. I really liked Arthit (played by Krist Perawat) and was very taken with him. Oh, to be twenty-something again! I guess part of the appeal is that I've never even remotely had anything like that happen in my life. >sigh< Anyway, the series was awesome, and I hope that Netflix will get season two of it! In the meantime, I've had my little celebrity crush on Krist and went looking for merchandise of some sort from the series. Being in the USA, there's really nothing. I found a Thailand site that had some photobooks, and decided that I'd order one instead of the Cameo video I had been thinking about.


 

 Fast forward to today (Sunday). The doorbell rang at 9:15am. My book and bracelet had been delivered. YAY! The book is gorgeous, and I was pleased to see that it had English and Thai text in it. 


 

 On Monday, I had gone to the lab to get blood drawn for an A1C test. No results yet, and I'm gonna take no news as good news. I still need to make an appointment with a GP, and I'll tackle that this week.

I was supposed to have been walking last week, and it got away from me... again. I did drop a few pounds, and have kept my soda consumption down to 1 a day. I only have about 10 or so left, and once they're gone, I'm not going to buy any more to have at the house. I will be working on walking this week. 

My neuroma is doing okay. It's calmed down a lot. I still have that sensation of stepping on something, but it's not a constant feeling now. The walking shoes I found help out a lot.

In creative news, I've started work on a short story. I don't know if it'll be any good, but it's been a while since I've written anything so it's good to be writing some. I also have a new t-shirt design up for voting on Threadless. I'd appreciate it if you could head over there and vote for my tee. Thanks! https://www.threadless.com/designs/my-faux-neon-shirt#_=_


That's about it for now. I'll keep you posted with my progress. Take Care and have a Groovy Week!

 

 

 

Comments