Suspended Account and Where Do I Go From Here?

This morning, I found out that my Redbubble account was suspended. It was over "intellectual property" issues. I've submitted an appeal, so we'll see what happens. Since Redbubble is often a sea of copyright infringement, I don't see how any of my pieces have hit this, but... they could have.

So, this Redbubble has some of my photography and digital abstracts. I also have been doing a lot of designs that fall under "graphic design", and they use elements from websites that allow creators to download and use content commercially. You can use the content from these sites "as is", but I have a tendency to alter everything. So, I'm sure some AI has flagged certain things, and that's what I'm the victim of. I do not have any fan art of any sort up in this Redbubble account. I've removed fan art from other sites, even though those sites allowed fan art.

There are other sites to post on, and I use them in conjunction with Redbubble. Here are two of my alternate site links:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/korokstudios

https://www.zazzle.com/store/korokstudios 

If you see anything you like, please consider a purchase. Even something small like a sticker, postcard, or digital download can be a big help.

My goal for the past couple of years has been to move away from eBay and earn money digitally. What that means is that I can work anywhere, and products are shipped by the sites in question or fulfillment sites. I ordered from the newest fulfillment site I'm using, which makes my Etsy shirts, and it's a quality shirt with a Very Quick turnaround. Here's me in the shirt...

 


Ultimately, I want to go move to Thailand and live there for at least a year. While there, I will take a TON of photos and hopefully create more income with those.

Now, as frustrated as I am in the moment, Redbubble being suspended could be an opportunity. I've long felt that I need to review and revise what I've been doing. Maybe my focus needs to shift a bit. I certainly have many ideas and projects I want to work on. Now may be the time to switch focus to other projects.

Some projects include, but are not limited to: 

*continue writing short stories with my comic characters

*start drawing again

*go and photograph my hometown as if I were actually in Thailand

*create a creativity / positive affirmations / self-care workbook (sourcing now!)

*create more coloring books

There are more ideas, but that's the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Part of me wants to give up. I'll admit, it's been a rough month. I've had trouble getting my bills paid, which is always stressful. I've even applied for work in a grocery store, which is the opposite of my goals. (Nothing wrong at all in grocery or retail work. I just don't work well in those environments.) I'll get through this though. I've had tough times before.

On a positive note, I'm still taking Thai language lessons. I seem to be doing well. I've moved to "lower intermediate", according to my tutor. I don't quite feel ready for it, but it's a challenge. Always good to challenge ourselves and continue learning!

I mentioned coloring books above. Here's the latest book:

 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1JK6P8C

 


That's it for now. I've vented. I'm starting to figure out alternatives. Life and work continues...

Take Care!

-Kor 

Comments