Today's Doctor Visit

I saw the doctor this morning. Good and not as good... My A1C number is 4.8. Six months ago it was 4.9. Since then, I have had treats and some snacks. I haven't gone overboard, or back to what I was like before all of this, and whenever I check my blood sugar, it's the same - usually around 100. Doc wants me to cut the Metformin in half. When I go back in three months, if my blood sugar is still doing well, he will likely take me off Metformin. Now, my cholesterol numbers were up a little bit. He wants to see me back in three months for that. Hopefully, that will get under control. I need to back off some of the snacking I've done - I'm a stress eater, and I've had extra stress lately. Fingers crossed that I can get that number where it should be.  


 Since this time last year, I've lost 40 pounds. Actually, I lost a few more than that, but have had trouble losing more, so... 40lbs is a good number. I need to lose around 10 pounds to get myself under 200, so that's my goal for the next couple of months. I will work a little harder at cooking for myself more. I did the Paleo diet last year, and that was a big help. I don't want to do that again (especially not detoxing from sugar - I hated being nauseated all the time), but I can certainly take some of the principles and put them to use. Same with the concept of a vegan diet. I'm not going to go vegan, but I've always been comfortable with the idea of not eating meat at a meal. I will work on finding a good balance, and find a few diabetes friendly treats to indulge in as well.

 I will also continue with my walking. I usually walk around 40 minutes per walk, though I get some longer ones in as well. I've been wanting to either bump it up to a 60 minute walk, or get two walks in per day. Maybe a combination of the two will work out. I also need to get back to using the work out app on my phone. It's just body-weight work outs, but it gets me doing something. I'm not really a go to the gym guy. Eventually, I would like to take some yoga classes as well.

That's it for now. A reminder... I'm holding a contest! The prize includes several of the blank books I've been producing, some postcards, and a couple of other things. You can check it out here:

https://itskoreysworld.blogspot.com/2022/02/contest-and-reintroduction.html

 Take Care, Everyone! Have a Great Day! 

Comments