Updates: Learning Thai and Walking / Weight Loss

I filmed a new video, talking about my weight loss and learning to speak Thai...


 

So, now that you've watched that, I'll talk about it a little more for those who are interested. First of all, if you want to learn a new language, check out Preply here: https://preply.com/en/?pref=NDQyMTg0Mw== They have lots of tutors and a variety of price points. I highly recommend this site!

One thing I didn't mention in the video is that I am enjoying learning to speak, read, and write Thai. I find it both easy and difficult. My main issue, as I said (and you saw) in the video, is that I have to think about what I want to say. I also forget words that need to be there. I take lessons once a week, and my tutor is awesome! He is friendly and patient with me. I need to continue my lessons, continue studying, and continue to work on tones. 


 

Above is some of my writing practice. I've been able to recognize more letters in titles when watching Thai tv shows, or on the actors Twitter accounts. Yay! It's a small thing, but I was happen when I connected what an actor's name looked like in the opening credits of a show against what I've learned.

On to the walking. I'm back to regular walking after a week or two of not doing a lot of walking. Last week, it was cold and windy. I just hate getting hot and sweaty when the wind is so cold that it cuts through you. Somehow, that makes it worse! The week prior to that was rainy and cold. Yuck! I also had a lot going on that week. On New Year's, Cousin Julie passed away. Julie and Mom grew up together and were close like sisters. They lived just a couple of blocks from each other, and are a year apart in age. The funeral was held a couple of weeks ago, and my sister-in-law and niece had flown in for it. It was a lovely ceremony.

So, my weight has been bouncing between 205 and 210 since the holidays. I won't lie, I found January to be a stressful month, and my little stress monster that wants food and wants it now! was pretty active. I'm working on getting all that under control, and to get back to walking. I'm also doing some home workouts, just using my body's weight. I found an app on my phone that has daily workouts that run between 7 and 10 minutes, so I'm working on making that a habit at night when I'm watching tv.

My blood sugar readings have been the same, so I'm not worried about that. I go see the doctor at the end of the month, and I think he'll be happy with where I'm at on that part. I do get hypoglycemic from the medicine I'm taking for my diabetes, so I'm trying to deal with that in a manner that won't pack on the pounds. 

Beyond that, life continues on. I'm still working, selling beefcake photos on eBay and selling my art on sites like Redbubble and Society6. I want to make some changes in what I'm doing, and I've been watching some videos about that. More on that when I start to manifest it.

Until next time... have a Groovy Week!

Comments