Dreams Are Weird (but then, so am I...)

Had an odd dream this morning. I know it was this morning because I had gotten up to use the bathroom and gone back to sleep for an hour.


 

Anyway, in this dream, I'm in a big store with Adam Richman (from Travel Channel / History Channel - he's awesome!). I did not recognize the store at all, but think of Target / Wal-Mart. It was that kind of store. We were shopping together in the office / school supplies section. We did not stay together, and he went from being fully dressed to fully nude each time I saw him. The nudity was just matter-of-fact. Not erotic at all. He did not have time to take off clothes or put them back on. If I turned away from him and then turned back he was different from when I last saw him.

And that's it. That was the dream. 


 

So, I'm like "what the heck?" when I wake up. I think Adam is a good-looking man, and he has permission to stand around shirtless all he wants as far as I'm concerned. It didn't feel like that was the point. The closest I can think of is that, since I am a photographer and would love the chance to have Mr. Richman in front of my camera, maybe it's related to that. I mean, office supplies could indicate work. Since my work is about showing men off as being sexy, I would want him to be shirtless in the photos, thus the nudity in the dream.

Of course, it's a dream. It could have just been about my fear of snakes or that I don't like eating broccoli.

The real life issue: I'm very small-time as a photographer. I consider myself an artist who uses photography. I wouldn't really be a blip on his radar. I don't have the money to make an offer, and the offer I make would include a donation to the charity of his choice. On top of that, I have no money to either travel to him or pay for him to travel to me. It's a nice dream, but unless someone with money wants to fund this, it's out of reach. IF I'm lucky, I'll get a selfie with Adam one day at some event where he's signing his latest book or something.


 

I like Mr. Richman a lot, and try to watch the shows he's hosting or appearing in. With him doing work for History Channel, they are often interesting, so I enjoy them beyond just his being in them. On the chance that you are reading this Adam, I hope you are amused by it. I certainly have not meant any disrespect in writing about this or posting it.

Dreams are weird. Often, when a dream like this pops up and I remember it, I end up thinking about it for a while, which is why I posted. Of course, you have to put things out there as well. What if Adam reads this and thinks "yeah, I could work with this guy". Not only would I want to make a donation as his fee, but also create a fanzine from the shoot and have the profits from that go to the charity he chooses. I would say the same for any celebrity.

FYI: The photos posted in here were taken from a Google search.

Comments