overdue health update

 Sorry this is late. It's been rough with health, though I know others have it worse.

So, I've seen the Urologist, and he wants me to pee the stone out. It's small enough to pass on it's own, but it hasn't as far as I know. I have to strain my urine, but I've missed that a few times for one reason or another. I've had more pain in association with the stone, though that's been minimal or non-existent the past day or two. I see him again tomorrow.

The regular doctor visit went well, though he was blunt. However, he wasn't mean about being blunt. It was more in the get my attention category, though he already had it. He put me on the Paleo diet, and wants me on 1,000 calories a day. I'm probably doing that or less. He changed me to a different version of Metformin, the effects of which I'll discuss in a moment. He also put me on blood pressure medicine.

So, Sunday was a bad day. I felt sick all day long, with nausea being the biggest complaint. I had to get Dad to drive me on the two errands I needed to run. Neither errand was taxing, but I was tired after the first one. I had to force myself to eat that day, and have been finding more and more that I need to do that. This morning, as soon as I ate, I felt sick. It hasn't gotten worse, but my energy is low, I feel nauseated, and I don't even want to drink my bottled water. This isn't good.

Someone on Facebook suggested that it was my body getting used to good food. I reject that notion. Yes, I did have some vague nausea last week, that was likely me detoxing from sugar as well as the medicine I'm on. I've always eaten healthy food as well as the stuff that's not so healthy. It seems to me that if it were just that, I'd be feeling better now instead of worse.

I'm also supposed to do 30 minutes of cardio every day. I'm trying, but... Where I used to be able to go for a 30 minute walk with no real problem, now it just exhausts me and makes me feel worse. Yesterday, I was lucky to walk for 15 minutes. 

I see the doctor this week, so hopefully I can get the medicine changed to something my body will tolerate. I live with and take care of my parents, and I can't do that right now. Yes, they can fend for themselves a bit, but my doing for them is a big help to them.

Now, on the plus side, I've lost about 12 pounds since I went into the ER.

Comments