doctor visit update

I saw the doctor yesterday morning (Friday). He is pleased with my numbers and wants to see me back in 3 months. He did tell me that I will feel like crap for about a month as my body adjusts to running on the lower blood sugar. I mostly have a vague feeling of nausea from that, but some days it gets worse. Not as bad as the nausea from when the stone was passing though. I do find it difficult to swallow pills, where I never had a problem before. I also find eating to be difficult... starting my meal, and then towards the end the food just seems gross. I'm hoping this will pass soon.

I have noticed, when taking my blood sugar, that I have a morning spike. I take my blood sugar four times a day. Usually the first number is similar to the last one of the previous day. If my blood sugars are going to spike, it seems to happen at the second time, about 30 minutes before I eat lunch. I know it will spike if I eat breakfast late, or if I have a snack between breakfast and lunch. It doesn't worry me much as the blood sugar I take 2 hours after dinner is always much lower than the spike.

Anyway, that's all I have for you on my journey right now. I'll keep you updated, and will try to have some non-health posts here soon. Take Care! Have a Great Weekend!

Comments