Empanada Llama Grand Opening, Galaxy's Edge, and other stuff!



Back from Empanada Llama's Grand Opening! Yum! It was crowded, but not overly so. They had a llama outside - sorry, I failed to get his/her pic. I got lucky and was order #4! I got a combo with an Aji De Gallina (chicken) and Choclo Con Queso (corn & cheese) empanadas, sweet potato fries, an Inca Kola, and a Banana Nutella Empanada! Everything was delicious. I will say that I wish I had gotten a sauce - the Choclo Con Queso needed it, though I thought it was delicious and finished it all. I liked the Aji De Gallina a LOT, and I was super-impressed that my fries were crispy! That does not always happen with sweet potato fries. The Banana Nutella Empanada was Heaven! I was full at that point, but I took one for the team and ate it all! I even liked the Inca Kola. It was fruity and refreshing, and I'll order it again. I will definitely return for more!



*****************

I turned 50 a few weeks ago. I don't really feel any different, except for some reason I've been angry quite a bit. It's usually over things that happened long ago and that I can do nothing about. I do let the feeling of anger flow through me, and then let it go, so I'm not quivering with anger all day long. I'm even trying to use it as impetus to do and change the things I want.

For my birthday, I went down to Disney World for a couple of days. It was a solo trip, and I had a good time. My timing was good as Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opened, as well as Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. Yay! I drove down on Tuesday. After checking in to the hotel (Disney's All-Star Music resort), I took a bus over to Disney Springs. There, I found Chicken Guy! YUM! That was a good chicken sandwich! I also got to explore Disney Springs, which I haven't gotten to do since it was Downtown Disney.




Wednesday morning, I got up and headed out for the Magic Kingdom (after getting a smoothie at the hotel food court). I took a turn around MK, going on my favourite rides, and even (finally) going on the Winnie The Pooh ride that opened a few years back. From there, I left for Epcot, taking the monorail. Since I've been staying at Disney resorts on my last few visits, I haven't been on the monorail in years. It was nice. I had lunch at Epcot, and took my time going through the park. I saw all the stands for the festival being set up, so I knew I'd head back on Thursday. When I was too tired to keep on going, I headed back for the hotel.




Thursday morning, I woke up just after 6am (normal time for me) and turned on the Disney info channel on tv. Hollywood Studios opened at 6am that day. I got dressed, taking my time, and headed out to the bus and Hollywood Studios. I got there around 7ish, and took my time walking around. I got in the digital queue for Galaxy's Edge around 8. I continued to tour the park. In Toy Story land, I rode the slinky dog coaster there - that was FUN! I took in a short feature about Walt Disney. I shopped, adding two Star Wars shirts to my collection. A little after 10, it was time for my group to be allowed in to Galaxy's Edge. I loved it! Now, I'll say upfront - I did NOT go into any of the shops or try to get on the ride. The lines were too long for me. I walked through, and took a lot of photos. I even traded photo taking with a couple of people.

 I was done around lunch time, and I headed back to the hotel. I ate light, cleaned up, had a nap, and headed back to Epcot about mid-afternoon. I repeated some of the rides I had been on, but my main goal was the food! I was not disappointed. Even my least-favourite thing was delicious! I had butternut squash stuffed ravioli, marinated Shrimp (Australia), cheese bread (Argentina?), Teriyaki Chicken bun (Japan), red curry (India) and a mango lassi (India). Once I was done with India, I was done. The heat, and the little bit of dairy I had killed what appetite was left. But, I had some very good offerings, and I enjoyed myself. I took my time walking around, so I wasn't just having this all at once. I avoided a few things that looked good, because heat, dairy, and Korey don't mix well. I missed out on a couple of items I would have liked because I had just had enough food. I didn't want to make myself sick. 

Friday morning, early, I was in the car and headed for home. It was a good, if tiring trip. Of course, when I got home, it was time to prep for Hurricane Dorian. We really weren't affected by the hurricane, with the exception of a big tree limb fell in the back yard the day after. The tree limb did not damage anything.

It's been back to the grind for me. I finished up a large art card commission, and I'm currently working on a second large commission (almost finished!). I've got some writing I want to do, and some art projects lined up. I'll work on keeping this blog updated.

BTW: I updated the It's Korey's World Calendar for 2020! Check it out here: http://www.lulu.com/shop/korey-watkins/its-koreys-world-2020/calendar/product-24245848.html I will be updating the other calendars in my Lulu store, as well as adding one or two new ones.

Take Care!

Comments