MegaCon 2019

I went to MegaCon this past weekend. My nephew and I drove down on Saturday. We only go for one day, and we had a good time.



I had a good visit with my friend Cory Laub, who I only see in person at MegaCon (we keep in touch during the year). He also gave me a cool Riddler sketch card, which is pictured below with two prints I picked up. I had a photo op with David Tennant. I bought a cool dinosaur print. Got some comics and graphic novels as well.






As usual, it was over-crowded. While I'm happy to see that it has exploded, and that so many people want to attend, I also miss the days when it wasn't as large. I'm not a crowd person, so it wears on me. I was pleased to see a few more comic dealers this year than last. The crowd makes it difficult to look at times though.

Afterwards, we hit a Chinese buffet for late lunch / early dinner, and then drove home. It was a good day!




Our next show will be the Raleigh Super Con, in July. My niece and sister (in law) live up that way, so we're taking them to the show. We took my niece to her first comic (and cards) show last summer, so I think it will become a new tradition.

In August, I'll be flying solo at Disney for my 50th birthday. I'm looking forward to that. I'll only be there for a couple of days, but it'll be fun. I've done WDW as a solo day trip plenty of times, but this will be my first time with a multi-day solo trip. I wanted to do something fun for my 50th, and thought this would be great as I love going down there. 

That's all for now... Back to work...

Comments