It's A New Year!

Welcome to 2019! Happy New Year!

Now, I have to say, I don't believe in making resolutions. It seems to be an all or nothing situation, and it's too easy to break them. Instead, I make plans for the changes I want to make.

Number one on my list is: For the month of January, I want to walk for an hour every day. After January, well, I'll figure it out then. My goals for walking are: combat depression, unblock my creative energy, lose some weight, and get in a little better shape.




 
This morning, I weighed in at 254.6lbs. The other day, it was 256.6. I walked yesterday, and didn't eat much last night. Day to day, your weight will fluctuate. I'm 6'2", male, and 49... My diet could be better, but it could be worse. I've made changes over the years, but still have some more to make in that area. Right now, my weight loss goal is to drop 20-25lbs by the end of March. Long term, I would like to get down to 200-210lbs. I'm going to take it a step at a time.
 
And, I highly recommend taking it a step at a time. Some people can dive in, make big changes, do it all at once, and stick with it. I admire those people. I have to break things down about, and plan more for right now and not so much for the long haul. However you need to do it to reach your goals, take those steps.
 
Other January plans:
 
*deep clean my personal space, taking more stuff to the storage unit in the process and rearranging my clutter
 
* write some every day, even if I only can get down a paragraph or two. Something is better than nothing.

*Draw every day. Again, even if all I do is pencil a sketch card, it's something. I won't get any comics done, or new t-shirt designs created, etc... if I don't do at least something every day.

*Work on other bits of art every day. It might be painting, or digital colouring, etc... Just got to get it done.

*Get back to scanning negatives and cleaning them up digitally. I should be scanning at least one strip and cleaning one negative every day.

I don't want to try working this all in at once, but by the end of January, these should all be on my daily schedule.

Gonna jet now. Take care of yourself, and have a Groovy 2019!


Comments