My first box from Japan Candy Box!

So, I like anime and manga, but I'm not a fanatic. I have tried and enjoyed Japanese candy and snacks from time to time as well. With that in my background, I took the plunge and gave Japan Candy Box a try. My first box arrived in today's mail!





I unpacked it, and found 10 treats inside. These are all snack sized packages, like what you might buy at a convenience store. There are chips, crackers, gummis, and candies. For the price I paid, I'm happy with the assortment. (You get $5 off your first box purchase! Check it out! https://www.japancandybox.com?raf=ref5654295) I think I'd be happy with the box at regular price too, but maybe not every month. I'll have to get back to you on that.



I've only tried a couple of things so far, so that's what I will discuss.

Kanro Pure Gummy Mixed Berry: This is my favourite so far. So addictive! It has a slightly sour berry flavor. Not too sour, thankfully! I'm not the biggest gummi fan, but I really enjoyed these. I'm having to control myself from eating the entire bag!

Meiji Gochi Sour Plum Gummies: I didn't like this as much as the first gummi, but it's still a tasty treat! Is that cinnamon I'm tasting? There's a spice flavor that makes this an interesting gummi to eat.

Bonchi Ponsuke Arare Crackers: I wasn't sure about these. They are crackers made from glutenous rice, according the information sheet. Yum! They remind me of caramel popcorn a bit!

Kit Kat Cranberry Almond Minibar: Now, I will say that this one was disappointing. While it's still a good candy, I was disappointed in 1) That there is only one minibar. Why not include four or five? It would feel like more of a value. 2) I didn't taste any cranberry. Almond was detected, but more as a texture and not a flavor. The dark chocolate overpowered anything else. I like dark chocolate, so it was still good.

And that's it for the moment. I have only tried four items as of this writing. I want to take my time, and enjoy the box (thus extending the value). In all, this is a nice box for the price. If you're intrigued enough, go check out their site and get a box of your own! https://www.japancandybox.com?raf=ref5654295





Comments