Five Points Pride Block Party

Well... I went to the Five Points Pride Block Party. Annnnd, I was bored to tears! I was expecting some food trucks, and some artists and vendors... The vendors were in the adjacent park, and were fairly lackluster in my opinion. I didn't see the food trucks (I only spotted three) until I was leaving. At Five Points, there were plenty of drinking options, but I don't drink... I didn't see anyone I knew, but I'm not very social in the gay community anymore. I've always been part of the gay community, but apart from it. I haven't been to a gay bar in over 15 years, and the last bar I did go to was a sports bar because my ex liked karaoke. I'm more at home with comic book nerds/geeks - most of whom are heterosexual. >sigh< I did not stay for the parade. I'm sure that the party will liven up a bit after dark, and that there are plenty of people who will have a good time even now. I'm just not one of them. However, I went instead of sitting at home telling myself that I should go check it out.

Comments