Love Yard Sign





On my daily walk the other day, I spotted this yard sign. It's an awesome sign, and I've seen it as a meme before. In case it's too small in the photo, the sign says: Love They Neighbor*  *Your Black, Brown, Immigrant, Disabled, Religiously Different, LGBTQ, Fully Human Neighbor

I live in Jacksonville, FL, which is a moderately conservative city. I'm more likely to find conservatives than liberals. Most of the yard signs I see are the "Pray For Our Nation" signs that popped up during Obama's tenure as President. It made seeing this a pleasant surprise.

We should love one another. And we should embrace our differences. I find diversity to be interesting. I find that having an open mind is the best way to be. I've certainly learned things and had preconceived notions shattered in the course of my life - all from being open to others. 

Now, I took this photo with my phone. I angled it to show grass and not the house, mainly because the house number would have shown in the photo. To me, the photo was about the sign and not the house. They were also flying an awesome peace sign flag!



Comments