For The Love Of Food & Dogs



So, this morning I'm feeling "Meh!" and I'm looking for something cheap to go do. I've been Very Depressed lately, and not handling it as well as I could. So, I'm checking the events on Facebook and I spot the For The Love Of Food And Dogs food truck event. I see that one of my buddies is interested in it, but like me he checks the "interested" box on a lot of events. Anyway, after wresting with it for a while, I decided to get in the car and go. It wasn't too far away, and I could use a change of pace. I had thought about seeing if my friend would be there, but decided against it. I shouldn't make my go or don't go decisions based on who will or will not be there.



So, I get in the car and go. The event is a small one, held in the parking lot of a strip mall that has a Pet Smart and a couple of home decorating stores in it. I remember the days when Borders Bookstore was in this strip... >sigh< Well, they've been long gone, and I had food to find.

 I walked the length of the food trucks and vendors, knowing that I wanted Mexican food today. I still wanted to check things out. I only saw one dog while I was there, even though the event page said that furry friends were welcome. I was somewhat early in the event, having arrived about fifteen minutes after they started.



I settled on getting my food from El Agave Azul. I ordered the chicken torta and a Mandarin soda. The soda was sweet, tangy, and enjoyable. I love orange soda, and had never tried this brand. The torta was amazing. I couldn't believe how big it was. On it, along with the chicken, was mozzarella cheese, avocado, lettuce, cilantro, and onions. It had a sauce on the side. I told them I wanted the mild sauce, and if this was mild, I'd hate to try the spicy. It had kick! I could eat it for two bites in a row, then I needed two or three without to balance out. Even though it was hot (to me, at least), it was tasty! I really enjoyed the torta. 




I ate at my car, standing beside it. No real place to sit down. That was fine. There was a breeze, so I just had to keep my eye out and make sure napkins didn't blow away. It was a nice day out, and I checked the temperature on the way home... 86 degrees. That's Florida for ya!





So, I mentioned above that I've been very depressed lately. Some of it is the holiday/seasonal depression I go through each year. Some of it is because I'm in a sales slump, which is normal after the New Year. Some of it is because it's a day ending in "y". I find myself eating my feelings a little more than I should be doing, and fortunately haven't gained any more weight because of that. I also find myself reading more when I should be working. I also haven't been creative. 

I am trying to work my way out of the fog, so to speak. Going out today was a help. I've been working with written affirmations. I see a therapist, and after my session with her last week, I agree that I need to work on a written battle plan of some sort. I don't feel I need a formal business plan at this time, but I need to start writing out some sort of plan. It's also time for me to pick up Chris Hardwick's book, The Nerdist Way, again and make use of some (or most) of what he puts forward there. I also probably need to reread one of RuPaul's books. Don't knock what a drag queen has to say. I find Ru to be a very inspiring and positive person, and queens have LOTS to do to put themselves together!

I'll keep on, and see you guys later!

Comments