Doughnuts! Yummy!





So, this morning I headed out for errands... I went to the Post Office, and for the second day in a row, there was only a small line. (Yesterday, I just walked right up to a clerk - no lines!) Then, I headed over to Reddi-Arts and got some supplies, thanks to a gift certificate from my best friend. I now have more markers to play with (yay!) and more blank sketch cards to draw on! After that, I headed over to Good Dough. I love their doughnuts! 



I've been wanting to try their Fried Chicken Doughwich, and it did not disappoint. First off, let me say that I got my treats to go. It takes about 15 minutes to get home from GD, and the sandwich was still good and hot. The chicken sandwich has hot sauce and pickles on it. I'm not a fan of pickles, but the hot sauce was great. Combined with the sweet of the doughnut glaze, it made for a tasty treat. Good Dough's doughnuts are not overly sweet to begin with, so this was like getting a superior version of chicken & waffles. I really enjoyed the savory / sweet combination.



I also got several other doughnuts, and at this writing, I can attest to the yumminess of the Berry Crisp Doughnut. This is a cake doughnut with their excellent berry glaze and struesel topping. It's a tasty treat, and has me looking forward to diving into the other doughnuts I got. I got Turtle, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Creme Brulee. 

Good Dough is located in San Marco (Jacksonville, FL) on Hendricks Avenue. You have to park, and then walk, but not far. There's parking behind the store, and also in a small lot at the corner. Check them out, and treat yourself to some creative and delicious doughnuts.

Comments