The Holidays approach...

The Holidays are coming!! Look busy!

Okay, so it's that time of year again. Having been raised Episcopalian, I do celebrate Christmas. For me, it's more a secular holiday, however. Spiritually, I celebrate the Winter Solstice. I have several Jewish friends, so I know when Hanukkah comes around as well.

Unfortunately, my folks listen to Fox News, and their "War on Christmas". Funny how this was never an issue until they came along. I think they're the ones who are waging the war. The rest of us just want to get on with our lives and enjoy the season. Folks, however you are greeted this year, please just respond with the holiday greeting of your choice. There is no need to get your knickers in a twist. People have been saying "Happy Holidays" and "Seasons Greetings" for 100 years or more! 

Anyway, at the beginning of the month, I pulled out the holiday decorations from the storage space under the stairs. Unfortunately, I also pulled a muscle in my lower back. Ouch! I've been in pain ever since. I've done this before, and I know I just have to wait it out. I'm careful when I lift, but I guess I over-reached or something. Anyway, I'm using Icy Hot and Bio-Freeze as well as moving around some. I got the decorations up, and even got the tree out from the storage unit. Now, I just have to put up the tree and decorate it. Traditionally, we put up the tree 7-10 days before Christmas, so I've got time to get it in place!

I went to the dermatologist last week. I've got "housewive's eczema"! It comes from using cleaning products, washing dishes (we have no dishwasher), etc... I've got ointment, and I'm changing my routine a bit. The worst part of this was they sent me to Costco, in an attempt to save me some money on the medicine. Never again. I waited, and waited, and waited to find out the coupon I was given wouldn't be honored. I was there, so I got the medicine there, but had to wait some more for it. Here I am, waiting at Costco...



In addition, Costco is a chaotic mess! I couldn't get out of there fast enough! I've been to Costco about three times now. Each time, it's just a hot mess. While I see some variation from what I see at BJ's (or Sam's), I ultimately don't see much difference. I'd like the store better if it weren't so crowded and chaotic every time I went there. BJ's can get busy, but BJ's busy isn't as bad as the daily chaos at Costco. 
 
There's not much else going on at the moment. Just trying to get through the holidays. I usually deal with seasonal depression, but the back and eczema seem to be distracting from that this year. With the new year coming, I'm trying to figure out how to change up my routine a bit and get some projects finished. Wish me luck!
 
By the way, if you're looking for a unique gift, check out the links in my side-bar. You can get t-shirts, mugs, towels, ect... with my art and photography. You might just find something you, or that person you're trying to buy for, find really awesome!

Take Care and Happy Holidays!

Comments