Updates and Sketch Cards and Doughnuts

So, it's been a while since I updated...

Dad was in the rehab facility for two weeks. They took excellent care of him there, but he was ready to come home. He's doing much better. The incisions on his right hand have been healing, and no longer require bandages. He's in physical therapy, and that is going well. Dad still can't use his right hand, but he's been learning to use his left for a lot of things. He's progressing.

So, in regards to other things... for the most part, work has been on auto-pilot for me. The exception being that I did a drawing of my friend Tim. During Dad's stay at rehab, there was a week where Tim was posting a selfie each day with a "Have a great day" type message. I was catching that at the right time of day and it was nice to see. I had decided I wanted to draw something other than my usual sketch cards, so I tried drawing Tim, based off one of the photos. I was going for more of a realistic style, and it's been a while. I got something decent enough to send to him, but I wasn't overly happy with it.

A couple of weeks later, I decided to try again. This time, I did it sketch card style! It was a success!



This past weekend, I met up with Tim at the Riverside Arts Market and gave him the card.
 
 
 
 
It was nice seeing Tim, but we didn't get to visit for long. He was with friends, who were doing some sort of run they were having that day. However, my next stop wound up being his next stop also! After Tim left RAM, I took a quick turn around, was underwhelmed, and went on to Good Dough in San Marco. I ran into Tim there! Awesome! We got to visit for a few minutes more there, and it was a better visit for me as we weren't competing with the band that had been playing at RAM. It was good to see Tim. I'm happy that he liked the card, and hopefully I'll get to hang out with him again soon.
 
 
 
Now, on to the doughnuts.... Good Dough is relatively new to Jax, and I've been wanting to try them out for a while. I got four doughnuts, and they were all yummy! I tried the hibiscus, blackberry thyme (my fave), the Molly Ringwald, and salted caramel. The doughnuts had a good chew to them. They were soft, like a doughnut should be, but still had a little texture to the dough. The flavor was delicious, without being too sweet. I was happy, and I'm looking forward to going back for more!
 
 
 
That's all for this update! Take it easy!




Comments