Katching Up With Korey...

To be honest, it's been a rough month, and I haven't written anything here.

So, my Dad had to go into the hospital. He had a staph infection in his right hand. I had taken him to his doctor, twice, where a diagnosis of "psuedogout" was given, with the only test being an x-ray. Meanwhile, Dad is losing weight, his hand is swelling, and he is growing weaker by the day. I finally told Dad that he was going to the emergency room. We got to the ER at 8 in the morning, and by 11ish, he was being operated on. The orthopedist told us before surgery that he was concerned with saving Dad, and then his hand. After surgery, the doctor was hopeful. He said he didn't see where there had been much damage, so he didn't anticipate much loss of the use of Dad's hand.

Dad spent 8 days in the hospital. He then moved to a rehabilitation facility. He's been there these past couple of weeks, and it looks like he comes home tomorrow. Dad has been healing well, and all the doctors and therapists are pleased with his progress. It's still a long road to recovery as Dad has occupational therapy for the hand, as well as building his strength and endurance back.

I've spent the past weeks driving Mom to the hospital, then the rehab facility. I keep up the house, Dad's laundry and needs, driving Mom to other appointments, running errands, etc... It feels never-ending. We have been eating out or getting take-out a lot. Fortunately, there is a lot of walking, so I don't seem to have gained any weight. I'm just exhausted from the time I wake up until I go to bed.

Gonna bounce for now as there is more to do today. I'll try to write again soon.

Comments