Jollibee in Jax!

So, I was excited when I learned, several months ago, that Jollibee was coming to Jacksonville. I had heard of this chain before, but had never experienced it. They opened last weekend. I did a drive-by, and there were just too many people, with a line around the building. I decided to wait. Today, I went. There was still a line when I got there, but it was not a large one.




The line moved quickly, and I went in and ordered. I got the Chickenjoy, with corn and rice, a peach & mango pie, and the frozen drink... the flavor is Ube according to the ticket. I'll be honest, I asked about the drinks, and I think I heard the young lady tell me that one was sweet potato and the other coconut. I couldn't hear her well - it was crowded and loud in there. I choose the purple one because purple is my favourite colour. (I'll try the other one next time!) The cashier was friendly, and gets an A+ from me!



I was able to find a seat, which felt like a miracle. Did I mention it was crowded? I sat down to wait for my food to be ready. It took a few minutes, but with the crowd, I expected that. One of the workers who was keeping the dining room clean stopped at my table. She asked what number order I had, and went to check on where it was in the queue. After telling me, she did the same for the table next to me, and I assume several others. The same worker stopped by later to ask how I liked everything. She was very nice and friendly. All the employees were friendly! A+ on customer relations!



I got my food, and it was yummy! Chickenjoy is their fried chicken, and it had a nice crispy coating and tasted delicious. The corn was fine, and the rice (with gravy!) was excellent! I enjoyed it a lot! I also enjoyed the hand pie. It wasn't too sweet, nor too tart. Just right! The Ube drink was interesting. It was a drink flavor I hadn't encountered before. I liked it. It had those little pearls (tapioca?) at the bottom, which made for an interesting texture to the drink. I take a while to drink a frozen drink of any size, so it came along with me when I left. I drank it all and enjoyed it! As I said earlier, I will try the other one the next time I go.
 
 

I will be heading back to Jollibee soon, probably within a month. I admit, it's a drive for me. Jacksonville is a large city, and pretty much each area of Jax is almost a small town unto itself. I'm in the Mandarin area, and this was out past UNF, on Atlantic & Kernan. Fingers are already crossed that they will open another location closer to me. Until then, I'll make the trek out there every so often to enjoy more Chickenjoy! 



Comments