Faith #1 & Gotham City Limits

This week I was able to get out to Gotham City Limits, a comic shop in Jacksonville, FL. It's located at 3373 Southside Blvd, Suite 7. I went in because Donnie, the owner, had ordered some magazine bags and boards for me. I picked those up, and got to have a good visit with Donnie, who I've known for many years.

If you haven't been to Gotham City Limits, it's worth the trip. It's a nice little shop with a great selection of action figures and comics. Of course, I mention the action figures first because these days I seem to get more figures than comics. The staff are friendly, and able to order items that might not be in stock when you visit. 

And I apologize... I knew I would blog about it, and I forgot to snap a pic of the store. You can check out the store online at https://www.facebook.com/GothamCityLimits/

While there, Donnie gave me a copy of Faith #1. I remember the character from a book called Harbinger, back in the 1990's. I read it off and on. This first issue of Faith was very good, and I'm interested in seeing more of this heroine.



The story, by Jody Houser, was well told. Artist Pere Perez, with guest sequences by Marguerite Sauvage and Colleen Doran, did a great job! It's refreshing to read about a heroine who doesn't have the typical super-heroine body. Faith could be anyone. I'm looking forward to reading more!  

Be sure to pick up a copy of Faith, and if you happen to be on Southside Blvd, stop in at Gotham City Limits and say "hello!"

Comments