Pineapple Upside-Down Cake

Now, this one's overdue! For Easter / Spring I made a Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for the family celebration. For the curious: the family celebrates Easter, I celebrate Spring. No biggie. 
 

Anyway, I hadn't made an upside-down cake of any kind for many years! I bought the package of Duncan Hines Pineapple Cake mix, and followed the recipe on the box. With an exception or two...

1) I used pineapple juice, reserved from the canned pineapple, in place of the water. Works and tastes great!

2) Ignore the time listed in the recipe and bake for the pan you're using. For example, I used a 9x13 pan. The cook time for it was 10 minutes less than what the recipe suggests.



The cake turned out great, and everyone enjoyed it! I got a nice, clean turn-out of the cake, which does not always happen. I was pleased with it. Now, I gotta dig out my Peach Upside-Down Cake recipe and make that!

Note: I'm not posting the recipe here since it's on the cake mix box. This is an easy and fun recipe to do. It would be great to make with your kids! Get them involved and teach them how to bake! 
 
 

Wishing you all the best!

Comments