Awesome Action Figures!

So, I'm a fan of comics and I love to collect action figures as well! I recently got some great ones!

The first two are from the Amazing Heroes series. They had a Kickstart campaign, and I got Silver Streak from them. The John Aman Amazing Man figure came from a Kickstart by Gallant Comics. The figures are awesome! They are similar to the Secret Wars (and Super Powers) figures of the early 1980's. I enjoyed those figures back then, even though I was getting to the age of setting aside playing with toys. I never did stop collecting them.



In addition to Silver Streak, there are other golden-age heroes such as Black Terror, Dare Devil, and Green Turtle. They even have more modern characters such as Captain Action and Madman. Check out the store at http://freshmonkeyfiction to pick up some of these great figures. 



For John Aman, Amazing Man, check out http://gallantcomics.com

************

As a kid, I loved the clothed Mego figures. They had heroes from DC Comics and Marvel Comics. Awesome stuff! Figures Toy Company continue the tradition with DC characters, offering reproductions and new additions to the lines. In recent months, I picked up their First Appearance Batgirl (with removable cowl) and the Super Friends: Apache Chief figures. I love both of them, and I'm happy to *finally* have a Batgirl figure! I could never find her when I was a kid! This company has a lot to offer, so be sure to check them out. You can even pre-order from them! (I've got some of the Monkees figures on pre-order, and I eagerly await their arrival!)



From Diamond Select, comes Wolverine! This was a find on Amazon, for about half the retail price. The set comes with a body, three costumes, heads, hands, and a book. I bought two additional bodies so that I could have a figure dressed in each outfit. Worth it! While I like the attention to detail the provide, I do fine their full retail price a bit much. I want more of these awesome sets, but will keep my eyes open for sales!



With so many great figures out there, there's always something new to pick up! Of course, I believe in opening my figures, and I display them out of the package. These are toys and meant to be played with, or at the very least, opened! I know that there are collectors who enjoy keeping everything packaged. You know what, there's no wrong way to collect! Do what makes you happy. I enjoy opening my toys, and feeling like a kid again! I wish some of these great toys had been around back when I was a kid!

Comments