Contained

My latest painting is called Contained! 



The title, and the piece, comes from the feeling of having to keep emotions locked away inside. It can be anything from not saying "What an ugly shirt!" in order to not hurt someone's feelings to the more serious emotions, like not expressing when someone hurts you. We all do it, and for all kinds of reasons! Of course, I encourage you to sit down with people who are seriously hurting you emotionally and discuss things. Even if they don't change, it might help. If necessary, walk away from those people.

The painting is the beginning of a little art journal I'm putting together. Right now, I don't have a theme in mind for them, other than "get it done!". 

While the journal is being put together, you can purchase prints, t-shirts, etc... on Society6. Here's the link for the all-over print t-shirt: https://society6.com/product/contained-sty_all-over-print-shirt#57=422
 
Take care!

Comments

  1. I think it's a beautiful thing. I don't even need to know the story behind it, but perhaps it is such a beautiful thing because it comes from such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment