Surviving the Season

Well, it's not as bad as all that, but... 

The Post Office is a killer! I have to go to the Post Office on a regular basis to mail out packages. It's a pain, but it has to be done. It's work! With the holiday season, it's a real pain. The branch near me serves several zip codes. It's a large office, but it's not always managed well. With the holidays, they need four or five clerks at all times. Now, they have had four clerks the last few times I've gone, so maybe the manager caught on.

Today's wait was 22 minutes. I've been there for 40, so I can't complain. The line moved steadily too, even with the man ahead of me who was mailing 12 or so boxes, and the other man who had a bag of 20 cards that needed to be weighed individually. When I left, the wait looked like it would be longer than what it was when I got there.

For running errands this morning, I deserve the vegan ginger cookie I got while I was at Whole Foods! Yummy! (No, I'm not vegan, but I'm not afraid of vegan food. Some of it is quite awesome!)



I hope that everyone has a good Holiday season this year, no matter what holiday you do (or do not) celebrate. Smile, and greet people appropriately, and accept the greetings you receive (even if they don't match up to what you celebrate - it's all good!). Love is the reason! 


Comments