On "staycation", sort of... Plus, more Monkees stuff!

This has been a slow week. I've sort of been on "staycation". By now, I assume that you all know what a staycation is. If not, it's where you have your vacation at home, often with the idea that you do some touristy things in your area. That said, mine has consisted of re-reading Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar novels. I'm currently on Storm Warning. (book photo comes from the web)



I tend to work some in the morning, mostly online but I have also been driving Mom to some morning appointments this week. Then, in the afternoon, I just read, and read, and read! It's been nice to have a bit of a break, while still managing to get some work done. I'm hoping to get myself down to the Riverside Arts Market this weekend as well. 

On top of reading some Valemar novels, I also got to read Michael Nesmith's novel The America Gene. This was very well-written and interesting. The novel is about a 50 year old business man from Texas who decides he wants to sing the blues. He gets involved with a young, female blues singer. The journey these characters makes for great reading! I got my copy directly from Mr. Nesmith's web-site, and it was signed to me by him! YAY! Get yours at http://www.videoranch3d.com/




This week, I also received a Monkees 1967 Annual from the UK. The book is in very good condition. I've only flipped through it so far, and it has a mix of articles, photos, and comics. I assume the comics are reprints of the American comic. 

That's all the excitement I have to report on at the moment. I'm off... back to Valdemar! 

Comments