Hey! Hey! It's The Monkees!

In recent months, my interest in the Monkees has been rekindled. You can thank IFC for the Monkees reruns! I've always liked them. The show, which ran from 1966 to 1968, was just before my time as I was born in 1969. I remember reruns of the show on cable in my teen years, and in my early twenties. Fun stuff! I had tracked down a couple of vintage albums at that time... including one cassette, which I think I still have somewhere.

That said, I started watching again with the reruns on IFC. I'm really enjoying them, and as I said, it's rekindled my interest. I bought the dvd of their film, Head, and enjoyed that. A trippy satire about pop culture! I'm listening to the music again too, which is awesome!

Mike Nesmith is my favourite of the Monkees. I've started tracking down his solo material, and have some cds on the way. Today, I received in the mail, a vintage trading card that I got off eBay! I've scanned it in, both the front and back sides. A cool little card. 




That's about it now. It's nice to have my interest in The Monkees sparked again. For some reason, the show and the music seems to resonate more with me now than it did in earlier days. 

Have a good weekend, Daydream Believers!

Comments

  1. I was born in '65 and was raised on the Monkees. They were syndicated throughout the 70's and were a natural companion to the musical cartoons of the Osmonds, the Jackson 5, the Archies & Josie & the Pussycats, plus The Banana Splits & The Partridge Family. I also loved comedy teams so I just incorporated my love of the Monkees along with the Marx Brothers and Laurel & Hardy. If you know who all these people are you'll understand my adoration of the Hudson Brothers. We were a very musical youth culture, but my biggest crush was always Mike Nesmith. Thank you for the warm flood of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment