Pink Crack Cake!

So, I found this interesting new recipe the other day. Check it out here: http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/crack-cake.html It's for Crack Cake. The cake has vanilla pudding mix, cinnamon, and white wine in it. It is amazingly delicious! I can see why they called it Crack Cake!



Well, I don't always follow directions. Since this recipe called for a cake mix, I thought... why not try one of Duff Goldman's colourful cake mixes? Woo hoo! In terms of flavor, it's awesome! In terms of the colour... well, I screwed that up. 



So, I got all my ingredients for the cake together (check the link above for the recipe!) and mixed them as directed. I separated the batter, which was much looser than what the cake mix intended. I also did not separate them evenly. The small batch of pink wound up being too close to the large batch of pink.



I put the coloured batter into the cake pan, and raced it to the oven, but between my lack of mixing the colour correctly, and the loose batter, I got a pink  cake with some bits of white. It still looks cool though! And it tastes awesome!





All this means is: I'll have to try Duff's cake mix when I have something else in mind! Still, I had fun working with this product, and look forward to using it again!



Folks, don't be afraid to try stuff... Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. This didn't quite turn out as I hoped, but I still have a super yummy cake to eat! In fact, I think it's time to go get another piece...



Comments