Blasts From The Past!

I've been working on scanning in old family photos... Mom gives me a small batch, and I work on scanning them in. We have LOTS and LOTS to scan in. From today's batch...

Mom's Aunt Ida Lois. Not sure when this portrait was taken, but it looks like a 1920's photo. [Correction: Mom says that this was taken in the early 1930's.]



This second photo is of my grandparents, Haydon and Mildred Burns. This was the first dance at the Tallahassee Ball, 1960-something (when Papa was Governor). The tickets sold went to raise funds for the Burns Scholarship Fund.



Now, I'm not a search-the-family-tree-back-to-the-cavemen kind of guy, but I do find the old photos and family history interesting. Mom is interested in the research, and has shared her finds with the family.  In the meantime, I'm having fun scanning and looking at the old photos.

Comments