Texas Tornado Cake


I found this recipe on Pinterest a while back, and decided to give it a try. The recipe can be found here: http://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2013/09/06/texas-tornado-cake/



The recipe was easy to follow, and the cake turned out well. To be honest, I didn't find this to be an award winning cake, but it had good flavour and makes for a good snack cake. Not every cake has to be some spectacular work or art and flavour! Sometimes they just have to make for a good snack! To be fair, when I clicked on the pin, I expected the recipe to be a doctored cake mix, as so many "Texas" cakes seem to be. And I do like a good recipe for doctoring up a cake mix! I feel this Tornado cake needs some tweaking. Maybe a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract, or some cinnamon. Not sure yet. I'll tinker with it and make it to my liking, which is what I encourage everyone to do.



By the way, if you want to follow me on Pinterest, here's the link: https://www.pinterest.com/dynakor/ Fair warning: not everything is "safe for work". You will find comics, art, beefcake photos, food, t-shirts, beads, drag queens, celebrities, and anything else that happens to catch my eye.

It's back to work for me... Have a great week!

Comments