Sesame Ginger Slaw Dogs!

So, what's for lunch? Well, today I tried something a little different... Sesame Ginger Slaw Dogs! I think I came up with this on one of my walks. (I've been walking lately, trying to drop some weight.) I love slaw dogs! I try not to have them too often as hot dogs can be little sodium bombs, but they are delicious! Normally, I just buy deli cole slaw, make the hot dogs, and go to town! But a while back I had bought some Sesame Ginger Slaw dressing, and I thought, why not try something different.
 
So, here's what I did and used:
 
 
 
Turkey Hot Dogs (I don't eat beef or pork, so I buy turkey dogs. Use what you like!)
Cole Slaw mix
Sesame Ginger Slaw Dressing
Scallion
Whole Wheat Buns
 
 
 
So, I like scallions, and I thought it would make a nice addition. I cut up half a scallion for two hot dogs.
 
 
 
 I dressed enough of the slaw mix for two dogs, and even added some seasoned pepper as well as the Sesame Ginger dressing.
 
 
 
I like to fry my hot dogs in butter, getting the outside blistered and crisp. However, if you're gonna try this, prepare them however you like. Once the hot dogs were ready, I assembled everything and sat down to eat!






They were yummy, but I didn't put enough dressing on my slaw, so I added more...



The hot dogs had a nice tangy & spicy flavor from the dressing, and the fresh slaw was refreshing! I really liked the combination of flavors here. I will be making my slaw dogs like this again!

Now, if you're inspired by this, I want to encourage you to make this yours! Maybe the Sesame Ginger dressing doesn't appeal to you. Well, why not make your own dressing? There are plenty of recipes for cole slaw to be found. Or, change things up with a gourmet dog, a different bun, etc... The real point of this article isn't to go out and make hot dogs but to think about the food you like, and how you can change things up a bit. Don't be afraid to try new things. 

Since it's summer, I'm in the mood for hot dogs. Something about them just says "summer" to me. Please, leave comments and share you hot dog variations, no matter what you like to top your dogs with!

 
 

Comments

  1. And because everything needs a t-shirt... Check out the Sesame Ginger Slaw Dog T-Shirt at https://paom.com/products/sesame-ginger-slaw-dogs/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment