Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing & Grapes

I found this recipe on Pinterest yesterday, and decided to give it a try. I had most of what I needed on-hand, only having to buy the poppy seed dressing. Here's the original recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chicken-pasta-salad-with-grapes-and-poppy-seed-dressing/4d5c3a2a-968d-4873-accb-8fff434edd05  Now, I did "customize" it a bit. I'm not a fan of celery, so I used a carrot instead. I didn't have almonds, but I had cashews so I used them. I also added scallions in. This was for the Classic version of Suddenly Salad, and I had the Creamy Macaroni style, so I just went with it. I like Suddenly Salad, and often dress it up by adding chicken and veggies to it. I usually get 3 or 4 meals out of a box of Suddenly Salad. I liked this recipe because it gave me something to do with the dressing. It was yummy! Here are the results:

In the plastic storage container:




In the bowl:



When I served it, I also added some baby spinach. Yummy! 

So, give this recipe a try, and even use it as a guideline to experiment yourself. The possibilities are only limited by our imaginations! Feel free to share your favourites!



Comments