Bokeh 7518

My latest piece of digital art is Bokeh 7518. This was originally the background for another piece. I liked it, and decided to push it further... creating a new piece.



You can find prints, t-shirts, etc... of this piece at http://society6.com/koreywatkins (as well as other art and photography pieces).

Bokeh refers to the aesthetics of an out of focus photo... usually blurred to the point of abstract. It's a cool effect, and I've been playing with it digitally. In working with the original photo, I meant to leave background visible when doing a colour overlay. Ooops! That piece, "Josh 7518/9 Remix" turned out fine.



As I said, I liked the background, and pushed it further. I added layer upon layer and kept going until I got to a piece I felt was strong enough to stand on it's own. I like both pieces, and feel that while similar, they are now individual works. 

I had the pleasure of photographing Josh earlier this year, and have begun to work with some of those images digitally to create pieces that go beyond just being a photograph. This piece of Dalton (Dalton 2707 Remix) was closer to what I was going for with this photo of Josh, but... sometimes a "mistake" leads to something pretty darn cool!



I hope you've enjoyed the digital works I've shared here. Please check out my Society6 page, as well as other sites to the right, for more of my art and photography.

Comments