Blue Crab Festival

I got to attend the Memorial Day Weekend Blue Crab Festival in downtown Palatka, FL. Palatka is a small town about an hour south of where I live in Jacksonville. My brother and nephew went with me, and we had an enjoyable time.




There were plenty of artists and craftspeople with their booths, including some stunning photography from Lookout Below Photography. (I tried finding them online to provide a link, but no luck.) Several Veterans' organizations were out, as well as a few military vehicles. We checked out what was on offer before heading for the food! On the way to food, I saw that there were plenty of carnival rides.




The festival was on St. Johns Avenue, and ran along the St. Johns River as well. There were some beautiful views of the river, and that alone made the drive worth it.







We got out food and headed to the shaded tents to eat. I got a crab cake sandwich, and the portion was generous! The sandwich was delicious, having tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and a well-seasoned crab cake on it. The crab cake had been cooked on a grill, and was flavorful. The cole-slaw I got as a side was another generous portion (I couldn't finish it) and tasted wonderful!



On our way back, we stopped at Grandpa's Mini Doughnuts cart, and got a batch. They were delicious! The doughnuts were made to order, and topped with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar. Yummy!



After that, we headed for home. We had a good time, and there was more in store for the day... according the flyer I picked up, there is plenty of entertainment planned. If you're needing something to do on Memorial Day Weekend, this is a good bet! http://www.bluecrabfestival.com While this is not a biggest festival I've been to, it was fun.

Comments