Updates and Upcoming Birthday!

 It's been a while...  

I'm turning 55 in less than two weeks. I felt I should update the blog.

Health: I last posted about my ER visit. First off, I applied for charitable aid with the hospital, and got it. So, I no longer have the stress of that bill hanging over my head. Second, my Doc thinks it was a panic attack / anxiety. I've had panic attacks before, but never like that. So, Doc put me on an anti-anxiety. It really made my depression worse. After two months, he switched me to a different one. This one caused tremors. They started out small, and only in one arm. But once they graduated to both arms and a leg going at once, often in the early morning as I'm waking up, I said nope! I had looked up the side effects that morning, and one of them was "may cause seizures". No thank you. Funny thing is, I had taken both medicines previously, in my twenties, and did not experience these side effects. I'm not going to try any more. I'll deal with the depression issues.... I've certainly been doing so all my life. Medicine may provide some relief, but it's always temporary. After six to eight months, I end up on an emotional plateau that's worse than feeling depressed. Why? Because on this plateau, I just no longer care. Other than the anti-depressant issues, I've been losing some weight these past few weeks. Yay! My goal, set when I came back from NC at the end of July, is to lose 10lbs by my birthday. I think that'll happen. After that, I want to lose another 15 by Thanksgiving.

I went up to NC at the end of July. My nephew and I drove up. We went to see my sister-in-law and niece, and to also go to GalaxyCon (all four of us). We had a great trip, and a great time at the con! I'm posting some of those photos, mainly of the cosplayers I saw... Yes, I cosplayed too... as an engineering student from the Thai BL drama SOTUS. Next year, I'm thinking of doing a kind of "Disneybound" cosplay of Roronoa Zoro from One Piece. (Yes, I've gone down the One Piece rabbit hole recently!) What is "Disneybound" you ask? Well, you're not supposed to cosplay in the Disney parks, I understand. So it's talking colors and elements of a Disney character, and creating a look around that. In a lot of ways, I think it's more creative than creating a costume... and I think creating a costume is Very Creative! Whatever level of cosplay one is up for, I tip my hat to that person... because it's all awesome!







Sales took a big nosedive for me this summer, on all fronts. I was not happy about that. However, some family money came through and I have some breathing space. I'm continuing to list my beefcake photography on eBay, and also on a new Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KorokBeefcake I have some new political pieces on Zazzle (and Amazon and Teepublic) for those who didn't like certain comments about childless women who have cats. Check those out at: 

https://www.zazzle.com/proud_to_be_a_democat_t_shirt-256361668416594129

 

 


https://www.zazzle.com/i_am_a_democrat_my_cat_approves_t_shirt-256203226525778253

I will continue to create and post new designs!

I have also been working on music. Of course, I have some new remixes in the works for singer Ernest Kohl. You can find them on Amazon Music. I've also been working on a new album. Or, I should say, two albums... I've been thinking about releasing a physical cd. That said, when the depression took over, it derailed me a good bit. I'm getting back to it, and thinking of combining the two albums, using the remixes for the physical cd as bonus tracks, or maybe for another project. I'll keep you posted on the progress, and you can always check out my music at https://djkor.bandcamp.com

I think that's it for updates. I'll try to post more life updates, as well as keeping you posted about new art projects and such. BTW, I have a question... I've been thinking about starting a Patreon page for my art and music. Would you support such a page? What kind of rewards and levels would you want? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!

 Take Care!

Kor

Comments