Today's Outing!

So, I had to run an errand for Mom this morning, and it was going to take me to an area of town I wanted to hit for a while. Sooooooooooo, off I went!


On my way out to the Regency Mall area, I took J. Turner Butler Blvd, where there is construction/destruction going on.I was sitting at the light, and thought that the view, with the cranes rising up, looked neat... so I snapped a pic. I would only do this at a stop light! Had the light changed, this shot would not have happened. I do believe in safety.

My first stop was Ollie's Outlet. It just opened in Jax, and it was interesting. It's basically a giant Big Lots type store. I found a couple of things, but got out of there for less than $5. The cashier wasn't too bright... he could have signed me up for their rewards program, but failed to do so. C'est la vie. I don't see myself heading to Ollie's very often, but I'll turn up there again.

Next, I drove across the parking lot to Books-A-Million. This particular BAM has a decent selection of bargain graphic novels. Yay! They had rearranged the store some, but I found what I was looking for, and got a few new graphic novels to read.

So, now it was time to head over to St. John's Town Center. Before I went to get what Mom needed, I stopped in at Five Below. Everything is $5 or less. Nice little store. I'll check it out again. I got Mom's stuff at Dillard's, and decided that I needed some lunch! 

I was craving taco's, but didn't want a fast food joint. I forgot to look up where the taco truck I like would be today, so I ended up at Los Loros on Baymeadows & Old Kings Rd. I haven't eaten here in a l-o-n-g time! It made for a nice change of pace.


As you can see, I ordered Enchiladas Rancheros, which comes with a guacamole salad. The dish is two cheese enchiladas covered with sauce and cooked chicken. It was delicious! The cheese has a mild flavor that is enhanced by the sauce. The sauce has a nice flavor without being overwhelming, and the chicken was perfection! Good guacamole too! Like most places, chips and salsa were served. The guac salad on a chip was a great bite! (Yes, I'm weird. Get over it!)

Now I'm back home, and it's time to get some work done... I had fun running around today. It was nice to step away from the desk for a bit.

Take care everyone, and Have Fun!

Comments