Food Truck Block Party

So, while reading the paper at lunchtime, I find out that there's going to be a Food Truck Block Party down at the Jacksonville Landing around dinner-time. I decide that it would be good to go check out. I grabbed my camera and went.



I got there around 5. It was actually earlier, but it took a while to find a parking space. >sigh< The joys of downtown. Anyway, there's a decent crowd out, and about 10 food trucks. Not so many people that you couldn't get what you wanted or find a place to sit....



I've been in the mood for Mexican for days now, so after looking over a few menus, I spotted the Jalapeno Truck! Woo hoo! I ordered! Chicken Tacos! Elotes! and Tamale! Ordering was easy and the prices fair. Getting the food was quick too.




I found a place to sit, and I went to it! The Tamale was filled with cheese and peppers. It had a little kick, but not so much as to obscure the flavor! It was wonderful! This is how I like spicy - as flavor instead of just heat. I next dug into the chicken tacos! Loved them! I could have eaten more of those! The chicken was cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. With the toppings on it, it didn't need anything else. I also loved the Elotes. I've been wanting to try this for some time, having heard about it on several Food Network shows. Delicious! The corn was fresh, and dripping with the mayo and cheese, very flavorful! I loved everything I got from this food truck!






I got their card, so I am now following on Facebook. I will track them down and eat their food again! It was simply delicious! To check them out on Facebook, go to http://www.facebook.com/JalapenoTruckJax



Now, I'm not sure how the Block Party went. They had a live dj playing tunes while I was there. I assume it picked up a bit. I'm an early bird, and since I was by myself, once I had eaten and walked around a little bit, it was time to go. I had a good time and look forward to future events. If nothing else, with food trucks becoming such a phenomenon in our culture, it's a great way to get them together so folks can go give it a try!

Comments